Re: Heads

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38644] Re: [mg38627] Heads
  • From: Jan Mangaldan <hokenjan at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 00:15:02 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Well, if you executed Apply[SerObject, liste] in a Mathematica session after loading your oo package, it basically means that you didn't put a usage message for SerObject.
If you put a usage message for SerObject in your package, e.g.
SerObject::usage = (*the usage message*)
your problem is solved.
An alternative would be to execute
Begin["oo`Priv`"]
before executing Apply[SerObject, liste] .
Hope this helps!!
                                                                                                        Jan M. (^_^)
 Hermann Schmitt <schmitther at netcologne.de> wrote: Hello,
in my oo package, I have a list:
liste = {p1, p2,...}
I execute:
Apply[SerObject, liste]
and get:
oo`Priv`SerObject[p1, p2,..]
I am astonished, that I get a head with context.
Is this correct and how can I avoid the context?
Hermann Schmitt