Re: keyword searching/indexing multiple notebooks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38792] Re: keyword searching/indexing multiple notebooks
  • From: Bill Rowe <listuser at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 06:17:41 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 1/10/03 at 4:33 AM, mark at markscoleman.com (Mark Coleman) wrote:

>I am compiling a rather sizable collection of Mathematica notebooks
>for a project I am working on. As part of this, I was wondering how I
>might develop a keyword index of these notebooks to support rapid
>searching, either at the OS level or via Mathematica itself?

Well there is the Author Tools pallete that has an indexing function. I haven't used this yet in my work and don't know how suitable it would be. Looking at the help file, it appears you have to manually specify index points in the notebooks you want indexed then the various tools create a nice index. If you have a large number of notebooks, this process might be rather labor intensive.