LaTeX and quotation marks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38782] LaTeX and quotation marks
  • From: Kyriakos Chourdakis <tuxedomoon at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 06:17:03 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear all,

I use Mathematica 4.2 and attempt to save the
following single compiled line:

In[1]:= Print["Why don't you work properly?"]
Why don't you work properly?

using: File > Save as Special > TeX

Then I try to compile the resulting LaTeX file using
MiKTeX, viewed using Yap0.98n and GSView4.3.

Yap gives the output:

In[1]:= Print Why don t you work properly?
Why don't you work properly?

while GSView gives the output:

In[1]:= Print[Why don't you work properly?]
Why don't you work properly?

In the Yap output, the square brackets, apostrophe and
quaotation marks are missing. More importantly though,
the quotation marks are still missing when GSView is
used.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems? What
would be the remedy?

Best,

Kyriakos