Warning message on UnicodeLanguageFontMapping.tr

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39111] Warning message on UnicodeLanguageFontMapping.tr
  • From: carlos at colorado.edu (Carlos Felippa)
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:39:07 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Occasionally Mathematica 4.2 under MacOS 9.2.2 gives me the following warning:

Unable to open file
Files:SystemFiles:FrontEnd:TextResources:Macintosh:UnicodeLanguageFontMapping.tr
[snip]

However, Find shows that the file is there, in the Mathematica 4.2
Files folder.  There are actually 5 files by the same name, all under
TextResources.

The warning is harmless but annoying.  Never had it under 4.1,
although exactly the same files are there. (Kept 4.1 because the 4.2
front end is flakier, crashing often and leaving a running kernel)

Question: how can I turn off this warning? Is it related to the fact
that both 4.1 and 4.2 are installed?