Re: Warning message on UnicodeLanguageFontMapping.tr

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39137] Re: Warning message on UnicodeLanguageFontMapping.tr
  • From: Bill Rowe <listuser at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 01:08:33 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 1/29/03 at 3:39 AM, carlos at colorado.edu (Carlos Felippa) wrote:

>Occasionally Mathematica 4.2 under MacOS 9.2.2 gives me the following
>warning:

>Unable to open file
>Files:SystemFiles:FrontEnd:TextResources:Macintosh:
>UnicodeLanguageFontMapping.tr [snip]

I've seen this same warning using Mathematica 4.2 under MacOS X. It happened sporatically when I had Mathematica in a sub folder of the Applications folder. It has not happened since I moved Mathematica back into the Applications folder. This leads me to believe that Mathematica occasionally gets confused about the path to this file when not installed in the default location. Perhaps you have a similar problem.