Re: Startup Commands

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42435] Re: Startup Commands
  • From: Bill Rowe <listuser at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 03:06:00 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 7/6/03 at 6:57 AM, jstorch at earthlink.net (Joel storch) wrote:

> I am running Mathematica 4.2 on a Macintosh under OS 10.

> Where can I store a list of commands so that they will be executed
> automatically when the program is launched ?

There are a couple of places this can be done. One way would be to modify the init.m file located in the Configuration/Kernel/ directory that can be accessed by Contol clicking on the Mathematica icon and selecting Show Package Contents. This is the solution I've used in my setup.

Alternatively, you could put them in the AddOns/AutoLoad directory also found by Control clicking on the Mathematica icon

Note changes made to these directories will affect all users of Mathematica on that Mac. If you are the only user of the Mac, then there is no issue. OTOH, if there are multiple users and you want to customize the startup for each, then you need to put the files in the appropriate sub directory of  ~/Library/Mathematica/