RE: Startup Commands

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42428] RE: [mg42427] Startup Commands
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 03:05:55 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Joel,

Create a notebook named init.nb, which will be saved in the Autoload folder.

Put the statements that you want to be evaluated in the notebook and make
them initialization cells. To make them initialization cells, select the
right hand cell brackets and use Alt C R I, or use the menu command
Menu\Cell\Cell Properties\Initialization Cell. Then save the notebook. When
you first save it you will be asked if you want to create an Auto Save
Package. Answer Yes. That will create an init.m file. Anytime you update the
init.nb notebook and save it, the init.m file will also be updated.

The init.m file will be automatically evaluated whenever you state up
Mathematica.

You can either use the Autoload folder in the AddOns folder, or better, you
can evaluate $AddOnsDirectory and use the Autoload folder at that location.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Joel storch [mailto:jstorch at earthlink.net]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

I am running Mathematica 4.2 on a Macintosh under OS 10.

Where can I store a list of commands so that they will be executed
automatically when the program is launched ?