DiffEqs packages update

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42475] DiffEqs packages update
  • From: Selwyn Hollis <selwynh at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 03:36:58 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I don't normally bother announcing changes to my DiffEqs packages, but
a couple of significant things cause me to ask everyone who has these
packages to download the new version. Both issues relate to the
extension of DSolve and NDSolve to accept input in matrix-vector form.
First, I've changed the code so that these extensions are only applied
if $VersionNumber < 5.0, since in version 5.0, the extensions aren't
needed. Second, I had apparently extended DSolve a bit *too* far, since
it was giving wrong answers!

The URL is http://www.math.armstrong.edu/faculty/hollis/mmade/DiffEqs/

-----
Selwyn Hollis