Re: The 5.0 Front End

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42515] Re: The 5.0 Front End
  • From: "gingerman28" <Martin at Martinspence.com>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 05:19:13 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have v5 on a Win xp, I used to use 4.2 but there are no obvious
differences... Well except the icon colour!

I understand there desire to use standards compatable betwen many machines
which is why Mathematic doesn't quite fit Windows properly, for example I
use two monitors and everytime I start Mathematic I have to reposition all
my palettes which is frustrating! but its still a cool package!

I wish they could follow Adobe, for example Photoshop works on both Mac and
Windows very smoothly, no problem with palettes and even saving different
windows (pallete) settings if you switch a second monitor from the left to
the right, or for differnent user preferences...

Heres hoping...

news:bej5r8$5kv$1 at smc.vnet.net...