Re: Need for (FindFit, Refine) ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42487] Re: Need for (FindFit, Refine) ?
  • From: Bern <bgress at mail.DOTucr.DOT.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 03:37:13 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello every one,

I would like to agree with Mr. Ersek on all of his points.  I haven't
yet acquired Mathematica 5, but I had noticed this trend somewhat with Mathematica 4.2
too, with NMinimize (which extends FindMinimum).  One of the reasons I
like Mathematica over, say, other systems is that there aren't a multitude of
obscurely named and seemingly redundant functions from which to choose.
  I wish they would just extend the functionality with more of those
Options-type of controls (PlotPoints->Automatic etc).

Regards,

Bernard Gress