Movies

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42501] Movies
  • From: "Steffen" <nnnx at gmx.de>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 05:19:03 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all,

this is the first time i participate this Newsgroup. Therefore I don´t know
whether or not this task has been posted before. I looked through the posts
but did not find anything.
So here is my problem: I would like to build up a little movie showing me
the behaviour of a function f(x,y). Let us assume to plot the function from
{x,-10,10} holding the parameter y fixed (lets say y = 1). This results in a
2D plot. Now I want to vary y from 1 to 100. This means to plot f(x,1) to
f(x,100) in a row. Of course one can use "MoviePlot" to generate 100 plots
of f(x,1) to f(x,100) in a row. But how can I make a movie in one frame
where I only have to click on it or something else.
If there are any hints or suggestions, I would be very thankful.

By all
Steffen