using InterpolationFunction in NDSolve

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42552] using InterpolationFunction in NDSolve
  • From: "Hammond, Richard (Civ, ARL/ARO)" <richard.hammond at us.army.mil>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 02:54:06 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

How can you use an InterpolationFunction object
in NDSolve? For example suppose you define

sol=NDSolve[{f'[x]==E^-x,f[0]==0},f[x],{x,0,1}]
fi[x_]:=Evaluate[f[x]/.sol]

Ok, now we have fi[x], but if I try to use it in
NDSolve, or even NSolve, it does not work (although
I can do an NIntegrate with it, and of course plot it).

The same, or related, problems occurs if fi[x] is defined
from NIntegrate.

Thanks

Rich Hammond