Re:

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42553] Re:
  • From: Michael Schreiber <michaelschreiber at mac.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 02:54:08 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

guess you already tried different ways to Paste as (given in the menu
bar of the frontend.
The problem might relate to rescaling of the original pixel in the
postscript representation of the frontend. It might be possible show
the graphics while giving values for ImageSize which match the original
bitmap of the drawing.

There is some code by Oyvind Tafjord which generates raster graphics
from cellular automaton autput which looks nice as it preserves an
integer proportion between input and output
The code is quoted in the nksforum under Open Pproblems in NKS ->
Mathematica -> Functional Programming
http://www.nksforum.com/index.php?showtopic=8

Another way might be to import the image and then render it with raster
or rasterarray using matching values for imagesize.

Yours
Michael

> Hello from Canada,
>
> I am having problems pasting diagrams into a Mathematica 4 document.
>
> How does one past bitmap images produced using draw programs into the
> document?
> I am able to paste such a document but the clarity is extremely poor.
> When I
> attempt the same thing into other systems the results are fine. The
> original
> image is clear and sharp with text easily readable. Once in
> Mathematica the
> image is blurry and the text is hard to read.
>
> Jim Kotow

M F Schreiber
Heimscholleg 26 Wien, A1130 Austria Europe
Michael at Schreiber.at