Mathematica 5.0 and ImageProcessing package

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42589] Mathematica 5.0 and ImageProcessing package
  • From: "Pigeon, Robert" <Robert.Pigeon at drdc-rddc.gc.ca>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 03:45:08 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Good day,
	I have a problem with Mathematica 5.0 and ImageProcessing.  I just
updated from Mathematica 4.2 to Mathematica 5.0.
	When I run the following few lines in Mathematica 4.2 everything
works fine.  When I run the same lines in Mathematica 5.0, it just hangs on
doing the line HistogramEqualize.

PROGRAM

	<<ImageProcessing`
	im = Import["C:\\AFITSimage.FITS", ConversionOptions -> {"Verbose"
-> True}];
	imint = IntegerPart[im[[1,2]]];
	imintequa = HistogramEqualize[imint];

The last line gives me what it is suppose to in Mathematica 4.2, but when I
do the same thing in Mathematica 5.0, the last line just hangs... write it
is running but it never ends, I have to stop the calculation.

Any idea why???

Robert

Robert Pigeon