Re: Density Plots

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42632] Re: Density Plots
  • From: Bill Rowe <listuser at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 05:25:29 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 7/17/03 at 3:45 AM, username at mtholyoke.edu (Full Name) wrote:

> I have a ListSurfacePlot3D, and I would like to do a density plot such
> that z is plotted as a function of x and y, with the heights represented
> by colors. Any suggestion that may help will be greatly appreciated.

If you have a ListSurfacePlot3D it seems reasonable to expect you also have the array of values passed to ListSurfacePlot3D. If so, then ListDensityPlot[z, ColorFunction->Hue] where z is the array of values to be plotted will do what you've asked.

If for some reason that isn't obvious to me do not have the array of values, then ListDensityPlot[First@plot, ColorFunction->Hue] where plot is the ListSurfacePlot3D will do what you want. If you look at the structure of the surface graphics generated by ListSurfacePlot3D you will find the first part is just the array of values to be plotted.