Mathematica and RedHat 9

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42697] Mathematica and RedHat 9
  • From: supporto.linuxnospam at uniroma1.itgrazie (Leandro Gelasi)
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 04:40:36 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi to all.

In our campus we use MathLM to manage Mathematica licenses, all works
fine, except I can't run Mathematica on Linux RedHat 9.
Mathematica complains about it can't connect to MathLM, running
'mathematica -lmverbose' exit with:
"Cannot get <our MathLM server> host entry".

Sniffing network traffic it seems that mathematica doesn't either try
to contact <our MathLM server>. I tried to connect to it directly with
'telnet <our MathLM server> 16286' and it works.

All other Mathematica installations, either on Windows and Linux (other
distributions) work perfectly.

Any hints?

Thanks

LG