Re: Usage of tex

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42705] Re: Usage of tex
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 04:40:41 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

no you don't install everything if you install Mathematica.
Since the Mathematica installer does not know
what TeX system you are using
(MikTeX, fpTeX,  emTeX, PC TeX, VTeX, Y&Y TeX ..)
and where your TEXMF roots are. Even if it would
know it it can't update the filename database  .

What is "compatible with existing TeX" ?
VTeX has it's own fonts Y & Y TeX has a quite
tricky font management ...

When you are using symbols that are not a part
of your "existing TeX" than you have to install
the fonts.

Regards
  Jens