Re: Usage of tex

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42691] Re: Usage of tex
  • From: Konstantin L Kouptsov <kouptsov at wsu.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 05:15:19 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In older versions of Mathematica a _style file_ must have been manually
relocated from the depth of Mathematica directories to the depth of
Latex directories, so Latex could find it (or teaching Latex to search
for styles in Mathematica directories). This is if you want your dvi/ps
page look exactly as

> I don't get it: don't I install everything when I install Mathematica?
>
> My naive perception is that when I click "Save as Special" and "Tex",
> I should get a Tex file which should be compatible with existing Tex
> systems. Am I demanding too much?

In older versions of Mathematica a _style file_ had been manually
relocated to the place Latex could find it. This is if you want your
dvi/ps page look exactly as Mathematica notebook (fonts, colors,
indentation, brackets and In[]:=/Out[]:=).

You could also manually rename all Mathematicaisms to the standard Latex
notation to get bare formulas
(I used Perl script).

--
Konstantin L Kouptsov
Department of Physics, Washington State University