Re: Eulerian angles

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42745] Re: Eulerian angles
  • From: "Peltio" <peltio at twilight.zone>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 04:10:47 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

"Selwyn Hollis" wrote

>Some 5 or 6 years ago, I asked a question in MathGroup about the "Euler
>angles" that are used by RotateShape.

Well, it looks as if Martin Kraus granted your wish : )
http://wwwvis.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/~kraus/LiveGraphics3D/index.html
Follow the link "examples" and then "euler angles" (under "more basic
graphics").
There is a nice interactive representation of Euler Angles, dated February
28, 1999.
Rotating it can help in understanding which angle is which.

>The winner will receive glowing praise and thanks in a soon-to-be
>published book.

Should this be the one you choose, then all credits should be given to M.
Kraus of course. You could mention LiveGraphics3D as well, then. : )

(I'm not in business with Mr. Kraus, I just like a lot his wonderful java
applet : ) )

cheers,
Peltio