webMathematica-Mathematica communication problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42772] webMathematica-Mathematica communication problem
  • From: aortega at nova.ls.fi.upm.es (Alberto Ortega)
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 05:08:22 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I need to run webMathematica on a Sun machine, but the poblem is that
the math-kernel is on a PC with Windows 2000.

  I have tried to set up the rsh service (which is included in a
resource kit of Windows 2000) for using it to launch the math-kernel.
I have set up it, and and changed the MathLinkArguments parameter of
MSP.conf as follow:

MathLinkArguments=-linkname 'rsh hostname -l user math -mathlink'
-linkmode launch

  but I have not been successful. I have also tried to communicate
both machines with a passive connection, launching manually the
math-kernel and connecting the webMathematica machine using the port
that the math-kernel gives when it is launched manually. The
MathLinkArguments parameter was:

MathLinkArguments=-linkprotocol "TCP" -linkname "port@hostname"
-linkmode connect

  So my question is: how can I communicate my Sun webMathematica with
the Windows 2000 Mathematica?????

  Thanks on advance,

  Alberto Ortega