Vertical ContourPlot, please help!!!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42800] Vertical ContourPlot, please help!!!
  • From: cv97035 at central.ntua.gr (Alex Markatis)
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 04:07:26 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi everyone!

If anyone can help me with this, I would appreciate it!

I have a 3D graph of the form z=f[x,y]. If I use the
ContourPlot command, then the curves that are generated
are the intersections of the surface f[x,y] with a family
of horizontal planes, which are all parallel
to the plane x-y.

But I want to make a "vertical" contour graph. I want
to "cut" my f[x,y] surface with a family of vertical planes, that are
parallel to the y-z plane, and then project these curves to
the y-z plane.

Let me also specify that the equation z=f[x,y] cannot
be written in the form: x=f1[y,z] or y=f1[x,z]

Any ideas on this???
Thank you very much in advance!

Alex Markatis
Civil Engineer