Finding Fixed Points for a Nonlinear System of equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42862] Finding Fixed Points for a Nonlinear System of equations
  • From: "Katherine Gurdziel" <kgurdziel at rics.bwh.harvard.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 19:31:36 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am trying to isolate the fixed points for five differential equations that
are dependent on each other.  I have experimented with using NDSolve but am
having problems finding the fixed points.  Specifically, I need to be able
to solve the system without setting initial conditions and need to find all
of the fixed points.
Could you make some suggestions about an approach that I could try to solve
this problem?

Thank you very much.

Katherine