Re: Page preview in Mathematica ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42852] Re: [mg42824] Page preview in Mathematica ?
  • From: jmt <jmt at dxdydz.net>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 19:31:02 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The solution I am currently using (mathematica version 4.2 or 5.0, Debian
GNU/Linux) :
1 - Print to a file ;
2 - Transform the postscript in pdf using ps2pdf or ps2pdf13 ;
3 - Visualize with gv.

Tips :
- you can write a notebook that takes care of all previous commands ;
- most presentation options cannot be accessed unless you edit the style sheet
by hand. But when doing so, your control over the printed result is MUCH
better than any other system, but TeX probably, which I do not use since
mathematica fulfills my needs.

There are nevertheless unsolved issues, for instance you cannot specify left
and right page margins differently for a left or right page, you cannot have
a page with no header or footer even if the page is empty.