Pagination

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42108] Pagination
  • From: Joanne Mason <JoanneM at harker.org>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 03:59:36 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

How do I get some control over Mathematica's pagination algorithms??? There
have to be some options somewhere that tell it when/how to break pages,
aren't there? I'm having a couple of problems. One problem consists of huge
white spaces in the lower half of a printed page because either (a)
Mathematica thought it was supposed to start the next cell group with a new
page, or (b) Mathematica refused to break a text cell in midcell.  Another
problem is where Mathematica prints a single line - let's say, a title - and
then immediately breaks to the next page. I can't find anything in the Help
Browser that explains how this works. I've tried Glue and another page break
utility palette, but they don't resolve these problems. Even if I couldn't
fix the problems [though I sure would like to!] I'd be happier just knowing
how Mathematica's pagination algorithms work. Anybody help? Many Thanks.

Joanne Mason

Joanne Mason, Chair of Mathematics Department
The Harker School, 500 Saratoga Avenue, San Jose, CA, 95129  USA
408-345-9290
joannem at harker.org
http://users.harker.org/hs/joannem/
http://www.harker.org/mathematica/