Re: Re: Re: loading packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42205] Re: [mg42190] Re: [mg42165] Re: loading packages
  • From: jmt <jmt at dxdydz.net>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 05:49:44 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

As far as I can see, Needs is not obsolete in version 5.

 Needs["context`"] loads an appropriate file if the specified context is not
already in $Packages.

Then, if you are developping a new package, use Get, it will eventually
refresh all definitions you made in your package ; but if you package is not
to be modified, use Needs ; your package will only be read once.