Re: MathML Question in 4.2

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42229] Re: MathML Question in 4.2
  • From: "Dana DeLouis" <delouis at bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:27:17 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Thanks anyway.  I have since learned with a private email that Internet
Explorer can not display MathML without a special Plug-in.
In addition, Microsoft's Front Page can't handle it either.  It appears that
not many browsers can display it at this time, so I'll put this project on
hold for now.

I found out why the error when Right Clicking an area and selecting "Copy
As" "MathML"
It is caused by selecting more than one area at a time.  I was selecting
both the Input and Output and copying as MathML.
Apparently, one can only do one item at a time.   Hmmm.  Seems strange since
one is most often going to copy both the equation, and the answer.  Oh well.

Well, this appears to be a complex subject, with not many browsers
supporting this yet.
I have found some other references here:  Oh well.

http://www.mathmlcentral.com

Thanks again.
-
Dana