  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg40080] FILTERING
  • From: "MacDonald Calum (MAT)" <C.A.MacDonald at>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 03:22:35 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I should first of all say that I do not have much experience in signal
processing and would appreciate some help.

We  recently  purchased Mathematica 4.2 and the Signals and Systems toolbox.

I know that in another system the function ELLIP can be used to filter,
for example, the fundamental frequency component and the second harmonic
component from a given signal. Other signals can then be constructed
that contain only these specific frequencies.   Could anyone please
advise me on whether this process is possible using Mathematica.

Thanks in advance.

Calum Macdonald