Re: Simplify[x.Cross[x,y]] does not work.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg40092] Re: Simplify[x.Cross[x,y]] does not work.
- From: Paul Abbott <paul at physics.uwa.edu.au>
- Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 03:32:47 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: The University of Western Australia
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <b599lq$s9r$1 at smc.vnet.net>, Jens Bloch Helmers <Jens.Bloch.Helmers at dnv.com> wrote: > Is there a package that can do vector calculus? > Eg. when I try the command: Simplify[x.Cross[x,y]] > I get x.x cross y instead of 0. At http://w3.pppl.gov/~hongqin/computerAlgebra.htm you will find reference to a Mathematica Symbolic Vector Analysis package developed by Hong Qin. I have made a few minor changes to his Package (correcting some formatting bugs) and put his Package, Notebooks, and PDF files at http://www.physics.uwa.edu.au/pub/Mathematica/Calculus/ I suggest putting GeneralVectorAnalysis.m into a folder called Calculus in the directory returned by evaluating $UserAddOnsDirectory. Cheers, Paul -- Paul Abbott Phone: +61 8 9380 2734 School of Physics, M013 Fax: +61 8 9380 1014 The University of Western Australia (CRICOS Provider No 00126G) 35 Stirling Highway Crawley WA 6009 mailto:paul at physics.uwa.edu.au AUSTRALIA http://physics.uwa.edu.au/~paul