Re: Simplify[x.Cross[x,y]] does not work.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg40092] Re: Simplify[x.Cross[x,y]] does not work.
- From: Paul Abbott <paul at physics.uwa.edu.au>
- Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 03:32:47 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: The University of Western Australia
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <b599lq$s9r$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
Jens Bloch Helmers <Jens.Bloch.Helmers at dnv.com> wrote:
> Is there a package that can do vector calculus?
> Eg. when I try the command: Simplify[x.Cross[x,y]]
> I get x.x cross y instead of 0.
At http://w3.pppl.gov/~hongqin/computerAlgebra.htm you will find reference to
a Mathematica Symbolic Vector Analysis package developed by Hong Qin. I
have made a few minor changes to his Package (correcting some
formatting bugs) and put his Package, Notebooks, and PDF files at
I suggest putting GeneralVectorAnalysis.m into a folder called Calculus
in the directory returned by evaluating $UserAddOnsDirectory.
Paul Abbott Phone: +61 8 9380 2734
School of Physics, M013 Fax: +61 8 9380 1014
The University of Western Australia (CRICOS Provider No 00126G)
35 Stirling Highway
Crawley WA 6009 mailto:paul at physics.uwa.edu.au
Prev by Date:
RE: Plot3d question
Next by Date:
Mathematica Developer Conference in April 2003
Previous by thread:
Re: Re: Simplify[x.Cross[x,y]] does not work.
Next by thread:
Cutting and pasting from help index