external files

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg40123] external files
  • From: "Tolonen, Ellen N" <entolonen at>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 02:38:24 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I am writing a mathematica program which opens and parses through an
external text file.  I open this file (OpenRead["file"]) and proceed with
nested while loops.  However, the program declares that this file is not
open (and thus is not readable).  This results in a series of very
disturbing warnings.  How could get around this?

entolonen at