Re: a challenge/problem.

Simon wrote:

> I've got a puzzle, im not sure how to solve, a friend of mine asked
> me to make a program that given a number of teams (which must be more
> than 4 but other than that just dividable by 2) - now, there is
> teams\2 matches in a round, and no team must play more than 1 match
> in a round (making the number of rounds teams-1).

There is a Mathematica Notebook at

  http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Tournament.html

which gives graphical (pun intended) representations of tournaments.

Cheers,
Paul

--
Paul Abbott                                   Phone: +61 8 9380 2734
School of Physics, M013                         Fax: +61 8 9380 1014
Crawley WA 6009                      mailto:paul at physics.uwa.edu.au
AUSTRALIA                            http://physics.uwa.edu.au/~paul