Opinions about the "Oneliners"
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg40315] Opinions about the "Oneliners"
- From: Oliver Friedrich <oliver.friedrich at tzm.de>
- Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 04:01:34 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hallo dear community, I don't know whether this topic has been discussed ever since before. I like those socalled "Oneliners" to solve this or that problem. It shows up, how elegant and effective the Mathematica language can be. But to be honest: Isn't it a torture trying to understand the "how does it work" of a oneliner written by some else? Is it useful to use //TreeForm to visualize the inner structure of a oneliner (where is the "inner beginning") The vast majority of oneliners presented here lack on comments. Despite of the wonderful constructs, is this good programming style? I'm looking forward to the next oneliner ! Oliver Friedrich