Re: Problem about expression

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41189] Re: Problem about expression
  • From: Bamboo <u8514501 at cc.nctu.edu.tw>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 06:07:07 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear all,

I have tried many times to find out the procedure to reproduce the error.
Here is the procedure that makes the error.

1. Type in the input in the notebook.

t=3;

2. Set the background color (ex. green) to "t=3;".

3. Move the cursor to the position behind "3" and type in ".23".
   (Note the change of the background color. It is divided into three sections.
   This is an index of this error!)
   Evatuate it and get the correcct output, "3.23".

4. Save the notebook.

5. Open the saved notebook and evatuate.
   The output is "9.6" which is equal to 3.2*3.

6. Insert a new line above the "t=3;" and evatuate.
   The output is "3.23".

Is this a bug?

Any help welcome.

Thanks,