Re: Show problem, please help!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41184] Re: Show problem, please help!
  • From: Bill Rowe <listuser at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 06:05:46 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 5/5/03 at 2:43 AM, duda at duda.com (zorg) wrote:

>I am doing a math project, where i am to draw a picture using math
>equations. I am unable to display all of the graphics on one plot
>correctly. Right now i am up to about 150 equations and strange thing
>is happening- after a certain number of equations the range and the
>domain shortens, cutting off the graphics. As i add more equations it
>shortens more, showing less of the image. I am afraid there is a limit
>to how many equations can be ploted on one graph.  Is there a solution
>to my problem? Someone please help me, tia.

I don't believe Mathematica has any fundamental limitations on the number of equations that can be combined into one plot. You haven't provided enough information to be really identify the problem. My *guess* is Mathematica is adjusting the plot range to show what it considers the most interesting part of the plot. That can be corrected by including a PlotRange->All directive in the Show command.

As an aside, I would expect combining 150 equations on one plot results in a plot that is rather visually busy. It is hard to understand how such a plot would be effective at communicating key information.