Re: How change $AddOnsDirectory

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41219] Re: [mg41128] How change $AddOnsDirectory
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murraye at attbi.com>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 09:32:18 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

OK, this now works as expected.

Do you have a recommendation as to where Wolfram applications be stored
-- under [$TopDirectory]\AddOns\Applications or under
[$AddOnsDirectory]\Applications?

For example, Mathematica distributions come with documentation, only,
for Wavelet Explorer, in

[$TopDirectory]\AddOns\Applications\Wavelets\Documentation\English.

But I have the actual Wavelet Explorer application, which I now have
installed in

[$AddOnsDirectory]\Applications\Wavelets.

Should I remove the documentation in the former location and leave it
just in the latter?  In other words, where will the Help Browser look first?

Similar questions arise with respect to Astronomer, Calculus Wiz, etc.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305