Re: How change $AddOnsDirectory

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41230] Re: [mg41128] How change $AddOnsDirectory
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 09:39:09 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

You can install these into $AddOnsDirectory or $UserAddOnsDirectory by
modifying the target install path when running the application pack
installers.  We suggest doing this if you want to use applications from
multiple versions of Mathematica (although all of the old behaviors with
$TopDirectory/AddOns/Applications will be preserved for at least a few
major releases to come for backward compatibility).

As new versions of the application packs are released, you'll see the
installer defaults changing to install into $AddOnsDirectory (or
$UserAddOnsDirectory if the user account doesn't have write access to
$AddOnsDirectory) by default.

To your specific question...the full application pack documentation
doesn't come with Mathematica, only the index does (which means that the
only place it makes any difference is in the Master Index).  Yes, you can
feel free to delete those if you have the corresponding application pack
installed.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com