Euler's Gamma and Beta Functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41310] Euler's Gamma and Beta Functions
  • From: "RazroRog" <RazroRog at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 08:12:42 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello friends,

Please forgive me - I know I will be asking questions that to you will
appear stupid. I do applogize for that. I'm working through Mr. Wolfram's
book - page by page. I love this Mathematica program and the book is very
well designed. I am just trying to learn.

I need to know about Euler's Gamma and Beta functions. I understand the
attempt to generalize the factorial and how the Beta function arose but
could you show me a few examples from physics and/or engineering how these
functions are useful? I need to get a feel for them.

Thank you very much,

Raz