Re: Re: Palettes always on top

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41409] Re: [mg41386] Re: Palettes always on top
  • From: "Dr. Wolfgang Hintze" <weh at snafu.de>
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 05:03:13 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

David,

thanks for the detailed description. Now it works with my Windows98
Mathematica 4.0 as well.

I tried it with the palette  "AlgebraicManipulations".  The only thing I
could not do explicitly was to resave the palette, but this happens
obviously implicitly. After closing Mathematica and restarting it that
palette stayed on top, and all others remained as they were before.

Problem solved. In my opinion this makes working with palettes much more
convenient. Otherwise I always had to  browse through my desktop in
order to retrieve a palette. Thanks a lot.

PS: I observed a funny bug (?) with copy & paste when I set the option
"WindowFloating "-> True globally. See my other message on the topic.

Wolfgang

To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net