Zeta function for Complex Sqrt[+1]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41434] Zeta function for Complex Sqrt[+1]
  • From: "Edward Jones" <e.mjones at btopenworld.com>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 05:14:00 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

zetaeuler[] evaluates the zeta function by Eulers transformation
of series. It can be checked against the Mathematica Zeta[].
Greater accuracy is achieved by increasing terms and extraterms.
zetaeulerij[] evaluates numerically the zeta function for complex
values involving ij where ij=Complex Sqrt[+1].

zetaeulerij[x+y*ij] appears to be a regular function, unlike
Zeta[x+I*y] with Abs[zetaeulerij[x+y*ij]] increasing in an
exponential fashion with y. You can Plot using eg:

Plot3D[Abs[zetaeulerij[x+ij*y]/.ij->I],{x},{y}].

Can anyone develop this topic?

Edward Jones.