Re: Chi-Square

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg44275] Re: Chi-Square
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewscix at mail.earthlink.net>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 03:23:45 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 10/31/03 at 3:01 AM, Sorasak at brown.edu (Kieng) wrote:

>   I used NonlinearFit Function but it just gave me the parameter values.
> How can I get the Chi-square out from it?

If you want a summary of the fit, use NonlinearRegress instead of NonlinearFit. NonlinearFit is designed to just return the your model with the parameters replaced with the best fit values. NonlinearRegress returns the the best fit parameters with a summary report including the estimated variance of the residuals. In fact, given the capability of the built in function, Fit, in version 5.0, I don't know why anyone would want to use NonlinearFit.
--
To reply via email subtract one hundred and nine