AW: New Plot output in version 5

Plot[UnitStep[x], {x, -1, 5}, PlotRange -> All]

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Mariusz Jankowski [mailto:mjankowski at usm.maine.edu]
Gesendet: Freitag, 31. Oktober 2003 09:01
An: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
Betreff: [mg44247] New Plot output in version 5

I just noticed that Plot no longer obeys the domain limits given by its second argument. Try the following to reproduce my result:

Plot[UnitStep[x], {x,-1,5}]

This cannot possibly be a feature change, can it? I know I can force the desired behavior by using PlotRange, but why should I need to repeat myself? (At home, with my kids, I am used to it, but with Mathematica ... )

Mariusz