Derivative of a funtion evaluated at a point in 3D
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg44430] Derivative of a funtion evaluated at a point in 3D
- From: mroc_1000 at hotmail.com (mroc)
- Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 04:51:10 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello, I am totally new to Mathematica and trying to program a simple FEM-type problem. I am trying to take the partial derivative (symbolically) of an expression that is a function of four points in 3D. All I can think of to do is F[p1,p2,p3,p4] = stuff then D[F,p1,p2,p3,p4] . But I keep getting a zero expression as a result. (where stuff is a nasty combination of these points) Any thoughts?