MathLink for BCC and/or Dev-C++

I'm trying to build the MathLink examples (addtwo, factor, etc.) with either
the Borland Command Line compiler or the Dev-C++4 IDE.

However, since I'm not very experienced with this stuff (that is, using
MathLink and these compilers), I'm having a lot of problems. Moreover the
Mathematica help seems to concentrate on building those examples with
Microsoft's compiler....

Does anybody have experience with these C++ compilers and MathLink?

Thanks for any advice or help provided.

Dirk