RE: RE: Part 2 of a recent post on Plot ...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg44466] RE: RE: Part 2 of a recent post on Plot ...
- From: Mariusz Jankowski<mjankowski at usm.maine.edu>
- Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 19:55:50 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: University of Maine System testbed server
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Thanks to all for your comments and opinions. It was a great read, because they are as varied as the spectrum of possibilities ranging from: (a) this is a bug to ... (z) a natural evolution of capabilities. It is very interesting how within the design of a basic and "everyday" function such as Plot lurk truly important and deep design issues. What is or isn't considered a software bug by us seems increasingly to depend on cultural issues. Anyhow, in the end, since some of you are happy and I encountered this feature just once, I can however begrudgingly, accept it. Regards, Mariusz PS: It was pointed out to me that I may have inadvertently confused some readers by using the term range to refer to the x-axis values, the domain, of the plotted function.