Re: Readability confuses mathematica?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg44507] Re: Readability confuses mathematica?
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 02:26:58 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, have a look at the Notation package and symbolize Subscript[x,0] Regards Jens patrick_m_lahey wrote: > > I am new to mathematica so perhaps there is a simple answer to this > > Consider: > > In:= D[x-x0,x] > > except that x0 is really x ctrl-- 0 (x subscript 0). Normally that > would be a completely independent variable from x but not according to > mathematica! > > Out=1-Subscript(1,0)[x,0] > > (the (1,0) is a superscript of Subscript). > > One of the things that attracted me to mathematica was the ability to > work with expressions that closely mirrored the true expressions of > interest (a readability issue really...). > > Is there anything that can be done here?