Re: Just trying to import an image

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg44552] Re: Just trying to import an image
  • From: Bob Harris <nitlion at mindspring.com>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 01:58:44 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Yas wrote:
> Maybe put the path to the conversion executables to your path via
>
> AppendTo[$Path,
> "Path_To_Conversion_Executables_in_proper_syntax_for_your_platform"]

Thanks for the idea.  Have now tried that, but get the same error message.
Am patterning my path syntax after what is already in the $path variable.
Pretty sure I specified the right path, but in case not, I moved the file
(gif.exe) to top level of disk and tried specifying that.  Same result.

> I am surprised that the conversion filters can't be found.

Well, that makes two of us!  Am wondering if there is a customer service
site I can post this issue for someone at wolfram.

I suppose I can write a tiny app in C that will to convert my .gif image
into something else mathematica could read without a converter.  Moot point
now though.  The project was due today.  I ended up doing it in another system on
campus.  One advantage I had hoped for, using mathematica, was that I have
it at home and thus can accomplish something even when the school labs are
closed from midnight to 8).  Plus I'm more familiar with Mathematica than
another system, so once I got past the image load problem I was expecting to make
faster progress.

Thanks, in any case,
Bob H