RE: Mesh generation in 2D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg44746] RE: [mg44669] Mesh generation in 2D
  • From: "Ingolf Dahl" <ingolf.dahl at telia.com>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 00:05:33 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
I have made a small Mathematica routine to split a triangle, or a list of
triangles, into small triangles with all sides less than the variable d. It
complements the package by Martin Kraus. The triangles can be 2D or 3D. You
might find it useful for your point one. It should be possible to modify it
to also suit your point two: the argument d could be replaced by some
function of the position of the triangle. If you define the lines inside the
region as double walls parts of the initial border, I believe that you can
also satisfy point three. You can download the routine from
http://w1.318.telia.com/~u31815170/Mathematica/DivideTriangle.nb.

Ingolf Dahl
Sweden