Re: Automatic execution of a notebook

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg43789] Re: Automatic execution of a notebook
  • From: Bas Zoetekouw <news200310 at>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 02:05:10 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

craig beckett wrote in comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica:
>  We have started the mathematica FrontEnd with a selected notebook
>  using a visual basic shell command but the notebook is not executed
>  until the user takes some action.  We would like to know how to start
>  mathematica and have it automatically evaluate the notebook without
>  user intervention.

I surely hope that this isn't possible.  Otherwise, I would be
extreemly easy for a malicious user to overwrite your
~/.ssh/authorized_keys, or ~/.login, or whatever.

Kind regards,
  Bas Zoetekouw               ``Si l'on sait exactement ce que l'on va
                                faire, a quoi bon le faire?''
  bas at                                           Pablo Picasso