Run[] and Mathlink

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg43826] Run[] and Mathlink
  • From: "John Smith" <j.s at>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 04:47:39 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I would like to be able to run operating system commands on win2000 without
the dos box popping up all the time. A quick scan through the archives have
shown that this is impossible with the current Mathematica implementation.
However, the idea of using Mathlink to pass options to CreateProcess() in
windows as opposed to system() has been suggested as a solution
Since my knowledge of programming outside mathematica is limited, has a
member of the group ever programmed this?
If not, a brief suggestion as to how to at least start programming such a
function, preferably in C, would be grateful.

Many thanks,

James Jones
Accelerator Physicist
Accelerator Physics Group