Re: Newbie: plot data from a text file?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg43835] Re: Newbie: plot data from a text file?
- From: "Lisa M. Downward" <lmd at physics.ucsc.edu>
- Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 04:47:49 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Check out the 'Import' function in the help file. It allows you to import
data in a file into a Mathematica List then you can use 'ListPlot' (also
in the Help file; you will need to load the Graphics package for
On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, McGee wrote:
> Hi all,
> (I checked the manual and online help for this but I haven't found
> I have some C code that generates ordered (x,y) pairs of data. I'd
> like to be able to simply use Mathematica to plot this data. I don't
> see any arguments to Plot that allow this, nor do I see an
> Am I missing something obvious? Or is Mathematica the wrong tool for
> this . . .
Lisa M. Downward Office: Nat Sci II 328
UCSC Physics Dept - Graduate Student Office Ph: (831) 459-3646
Santa Cruz, CA 95064
"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."
Prev by Date:
RE: Question plotting curves.
Next by Date:
Re: Summation Problem w/ 5.0
Previous by thread:
RE: Newbie: plot data from a text file?
Next by thread:
How can I submit the reference to a publication that used Mathematica?]]