Re: Newbie: plot data from a text file?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg43835] Re: Newbie: plot data from a text file?
- From: "Lisa M. Downward" <lmd at physics.ucsc.edu>
- Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 04:47:49 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Check out the 'Import' function in the help file. It allows you to import data in a file into a Mathematica List then you can use 'ListPlot' (also in the Help file; you will need to load the Graphics package for ListPlot). --Lisa On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, McGee wrote: > Hi all, > > (I checked the manual and online help for this but I haven't found > anything). > > I have some C code that generates ordered (x,y) pairs of data. I'd > like to be able to simply use Mathematica to plot this data. I don't > see any arguments to Plot that allow this, nor do I see an > alternative. > > Am I missing something obvious? Or is Mathematica the wrong tool for > this . . . > > Thanks, > McGee > > -- Lisa M. Downward Office: Nat Sci II 328 UCSC Physics Dept - Graduate Student Office Ph: (831) 459-3646 Santa Cruz, CA 95064 "It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."