Re: $CommandLine

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43880] Re: $CommandLine
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 03:05:48 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

a commandline is  a shell command executed by you operating system.
The first is typical the program name that should be started.

The -runfirst "$TopDirectory=..." set the installation directory of your
Mathematica
directory tree.

The -mathlink switch mean that Mathematica is called from a FrontEnd
Other switches are the switches for the MathLink connection
-linkprotocol, -linkconnect -linkcreate ..
are documented in the MathLink part of "The Mathematica Book"

You should find out what operating system you are using an read the
documentation to find out what is allowed in a command line ...

You should find out for what " - signs are good for ...

But that has nothing to do with Mathematica -- it is just your
operating system/shell -- a bash-shell may accept different input as
a korn-shell or a Windows command interpreter.

Regards
  Jens